Sep 6, 2008

First pencil tests!

So--little project that I'm working on. Basic story: Nepali boy looking for firewood runs into Yeti, follows him back to cave, they become unlikely friends. Kind of unoriginal; I don't really care. There's a lot more to it, but that's the bare-bones summary. Here's the first pencil test (with my awesome new animation desk). I'm going to put up a few posts soon of how we made the desk, how I made the yeti maquette, and where this whole thing is going. I'm ridiculously excited about it.

The first is a yawning yeti (in the intro):





Next is the boy when he first runs into the yeti:



Both are very short and very rough, but, hey, it's a start.

Fun fact: the kid's name is Chitra, which means 'drawing' or 'picture' in Nepali. Get it? I crack myself up.

No comments: